Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ALL GOOD IN STURGIS

I was at the Sturgis Rally this year and my head is still full of thoughts and ideas about the event and the industry following my trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota. It was all very upbeat and positive there this year and worth the trip just to get the batteries charged in my brain!

The weather was great. Warm, but mostly dry. The crowd began to really grow about Tuesday and before long we were hearing reports of long traffic delays in downtown Sturgis and in various parts of the region. I know that traffic jams are not normally considered good news, but everyone there in the industry knew that meant we were in for a big week.

And the best news is that not only were there lots of riders in town, but they were spending money to boot. One friend’s description was: “The old Sturgis is back!” I know business hasn’t fully recovered from coast to coast, but for sure it did at the Sturgis Rally!

When I attend an event I try to pay attention to see if any new trends are emerging. What I saw were predominately Baggers, but there were more Trikes than I remembered from previous years. If anything could be called a new trend in the V-twin industry these days, Trikes is it.

Ride safe.

P.S. We’re very excited this month to announce a new publication we’re launching for the Parts Europe dealers. It’s called (what else?) Parts Europe Magazine and our first issue will debut at the Intermot Expo in Cologne, Germany in October. The quarterly publication will cover both the metric and V-twin markets, so any interested Drag Specialties vendors can contact myself or our Sales and Production Manager Joanna Kaczmarek and we’ll get you more information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment